Welcome to the Lake

Welcome to the Lake

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Go figure!

So much for my theory about the weather and the recreational real estate market. We had a mild winter so I figured that we would be having a busy spring at Lake McGregor Country Estates. Nope. We did sell a few places, but not as many as we would have liked. Then August rolled around. Last month of the summer season. Who is going to buy anything now? Well, with one or two properties selling per week, I would say that there are quite a few people who were looking at buying themselves some recreational property. We had a prime lake view cottage lot that we almost had multiple offers on. We also sold a couple of the larger lots we had for sale, and two interior lots. Those lots were picked as they were close to the playground and clubhouse. We even had an RV with lot sell. Most of the sales were bargains. That is why they sold now compared to one year ago. Sellers were holding out for more one year ago, but now some just wanted to cut their loses and get the sale done. It worked for them, and it worked out good for the new owners. There are still more places to sell though. Still more sellers anxious to see me with an offer to purchase in my hands to show them. With a warmer than average fall predicted, do I see the market staying strong? If my spring prediction is any indication of my theories, I think I should just keep my mouth shut! Zip!

No comments: