Welcome to the Lake

Welcome to the Lake

Friday, December 30, 2011

My prediction for the New Year

2011 saw a few more sales than 2010. With list prices lowering and signs of the economy starting to pick up again, I think that 2012 is going to be an active year with sales at the resort. That inventory of properties available for sale is going to decrease, in my opinion. Asking prices are getting more "reasonable" for buyers. When they shop around and compare, I think that they will see that Lake McGregor Country Estates is quite competitive. Buyers have had lots of time to shop and compare, but now I think it's time that they will make a move. Once again, just my opinion, but I see a stronger economy helping the recreational property market. We may end up seeing buyers wishing that they had bought while properties were "cheap", just like they said about lots pre-2006.

I challenge buyers to try and find a another fully serviced cottage lot at a resort with clubhouse, private beach and marina, with lots price in the $55,000 area. I think that people will see that it's affordable to buy recreational property again.

No comments: